Thursday, January 24, 2008

Love in Abundance


A special friend of mine gave me a precious gift-- Willow Tree twins. They are called "Two Together: Love in Abundance". It is quite a unique experience having twins. I remember worrying that I might not know how to love them enough since there were two babies....two totally different individuals born at the same time with very large needs. I prayed often that I would have enough to go around-- enough love, time, patience, attention, enough wisdom, organization and energy. I hoped I had enough of me to give to our extended families, friends, co-workers, church, play dates, MOPS meetings and other things.


Well, what I know is that God is a God of abundance. He not only gives us what we need when we need it, but He provides in abundance..... an overflow....... an outpouring. Whether it be in financial, spiritual, emotional or practical ways, He provides in excess. So, do I have enough love to split between my incredible husband and two 5-month-olds? ABSOLUTELY!! After all, God's Word says that we can love because He first loved us. So when my cup is running low and on the verge of empty, I ask for a "filler-upper" and God provides love in abundance.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You amaze me, Marissa! You are not only an incredible mom but also an incredible friend ... ready and willing to pray for someone, to call and check on them, etc. You do love abundantly!!