Thursday, January 8, 2009

Refusing to Compromise

There are times in life when we are forced to compromise. Whether it be with our children, a restaurant that is out of your favorite side dish or keeping the peace with your spouse, we learn to compromise. And many times, compromising is good. But then there are those other times....

Scott took a job in San Antonio that promised many good outcomes. We were delighted to take that job, uproot our family & move nearly 300 miles away to be closer to family & have a fresh new work environment. Unfortunately, the company was dishonest & expected Scott to compromise his integrity for the company. Thankfully, I have an honest husband who is not willing to lower his standards of ethics, morals & honesty for ANYONE. A few hours before he was to give his 2 weeks notice, he was fired for his unwillingness to participate in such behavior.

Can I just say that I have never been more proud of my husband than I am now?! What an example he is setting for our children! So, we are moving back to Tyler where our house is still unsold. He has options & my Chief Nursing Officer of the hospital I worked for is welcoming me back--no hassels, no paperwork, zip, zilch, nada. We are truly going to miss being with family, but for now, we are heading to Tyler, Uhaul & all.

2 comments:

Joeloise Ghrist said...

Such a great testimony of how to be an honest person in this day and age. Ironic how it worked out that the company fired him right around the time he was going to quit. I know it hasn't been an easy road these past few months or even year for that matter. But the Lord is going to bless you for your perseverence to even the toughest of times. Glad you're back & can't wait to bump into you at church sometime, hopefully soon. =D

Also, you're an excellent writer! I enjoy reading your blog greatly!

Marissa said...

Thank you for all your support and trusting me with our families future. Your my angel! Luv Escott