Thursday, February 7, 2008

Grateful Footprints



The boys and I went to a local pottery place with a couple of gals. I picked out a cute platter and had their feet placed on there with paint. Whooo, what a chore that was! The boys were fussy because it was nap time and they wanted their bed. I was frustrated that they wouldn't fall asleep in their carriers and allow Mommy to have girlie time. But as I packed up our things and headed toward our home, I began to be grateful..... I am grateful for these two miracles that God has entrusted us with. I am grateful that they are on a great schedule that gives them comfort and security. I am grateful that I can place them in their cribs and they soon drift off to sleep (after a chatty conversation in their own language), knowing that Scott and I provide a safe place to raise them. I am grateful that I have friends who understand and will keep inviting me to do fun things. So I kissed my boys as I placed them in their cribs, grinning as I heard them give a sigh of relief. I am grateful for them..... and that I can always go back on Saturday when Daddy is home!! ; )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to kiss the boys until they fall asleep. I am going nuts, just to squeeze their cheeks!!!

Tia Cyndi

Unknown said...

We miss the boys so much! Can we have them all to ourselves this coming weekend??