Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Hopeful Encouragement

There are a couple of friends of ours that are going through a rough time in their lives. So I thought I would share some encouragement with them and with you. I don't know what you're facing today....perhaps all is well and you have entered a joyful time in your life. For those of you who find yourself fighting to keep your head above rushing waters, I hope this will lift you up.

The Bible says that God's Word is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path (Psalm 119:105). I have read this often times before, but I didn't fully understand what it meant. When His word is a lamp unto our feet, it means we can only see one step in front of us at a time. Other times, when His Word is a light to our path, it means we can see more than just one step ahead, though it may only be the small path set before us. So I encourage you to keep walking the courageous walk of faith, knowing that each step is guided by the precious illuminating lamp of his Word.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

It is a courageous walk of faith ... this thing we call life. I am honored to be on it with someone as precious as you, Marissa!