Sunday, October 19, 2008

50th Anniversary, continued....

What a beautiful celebration! My grandparents looked spectacular! 5o years of memories and legacy....
Grandpa singing with the Mariachi Band;
He loves to sing!

Cayden & Camden with my Great-aunt Olivia;
my Great-aunt Lina is in the background. They are my grandma's sisters.
Lina is the twin in our family.




Camden after the party. He took his brother's blankie, too!

I was honored (and a little flustered) to do the presentation for the ceremony. The most memorable part was the stones that we each presented my grandparents with. Though they looked like ordinary stones, they were symbolic. In the book of Joshua, Joshua had appointed a man from each tribe to take up a stone from the midst of the sea that God had parted so that it would be a memorial of what God had done. Then when their children would ask "What do these stones mean to you?", they could remember the blessings from the hand of the LORD our God.

What do your spiritual stones mean?

No comments: