Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Bicycling???

I am thinking back and I'm realizing that I haven't been on a bike in about 2 1/2 or 3 years. And I'm certainly no athlete, nor have I ever been, so that makes me wonder what on earth made me agree to bicycle 8 miles yesterday?! I've been telling our friend, Bo, that I would love to go with her, but how was I to know that we were going to do 8 miles on a VERY hilly, windy, countryside road? Having said that.....I think it was a great way to start my day! The early morning was beautiful and serene, quiet, filled with rolling meadows and country homes. I think we scared a few horses & cows! It was absolutely perfect ---of course, until I thought I was going to pass out after walking my bike up one of the biggest hills. Picture it: two gals with big bikes; I'm laying flat on my back in the middle of the street with my bike laying beside me while Bo is contemplating how she's going to call my hubby (we didn't bring phones). It was rather amusing, but I have to say it's been the highlight of my week. I loved it! What a great adventure! Hope I got you laughing!

1 comment:

Linda Daman said...

What a great way to spend your morning! I think you should make this a habit...the biking, not the lying in the street part. LOL And ..thanks for the chuckle. I'm so proud of you!

LAMYL, Mom